The following recipes are Gluten, grain, nut, and sugar-free, it can also be dairy free if you use coconut oil instead of butter or ghee. It’s also keto and paleo friendly.
Gluten-Free Coconut Cake
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup butter, coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup chocolate powder
- 6 organic eggs
- A pinch of salt
- I used stevia to taste, but use your preferred sweetener – start with 1/3 – 1/2 a cup add gradually add in your sweetener until you reach your preferred sweetness
- 2-3 x strong bulletproof espresso shots (roughly 50-80ml) or use decaf coffee (if you can’t tolerate much caffeine, especially if you want this for dessert)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a cake tin or slice tin with baking paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or thermomix and blitz to combine.
- Taste the mixture and adjust any of the flavours if needed.
- Pour the mixture in the pre-prepared tin evenly.
- Place the cake in the oven and bake it for 25 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- When it’s done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack (you can keep it wrapped up in the baking paper.
- Serve with ‘Bulletproof Vanilla Bean Ice-cream’ or the ‘Chocolate Bulletproof Ice-cream’version + some fresh berries.
Vanilla Bean Bulletproof Ice Cream
This recipe is a slightly adapted version of Bulletproof’s ‘Get Some Ice-cream Recipe’
- 4 organic, free-range eggs
- 4 or 5 organic, free-range egg yolks
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 100g grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- 50g cacao butter, melted
- 60g XCT oil or MCT oil
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 30-50g sweetener of choice (or less or more to taste) (stevia, pure maple syrup or honey)
- 50ml filtered water (or ice)
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- Add all the ingredients (starting with 30g of your chosen sweetener) into a high-powered blender or Thermomix and blitz together for 1-2 minutes.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness by adding a little more if needed.
- Pour into an ice-cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy this incredibly nourishing and delicious ice-cream.
Holistic Qualified Nutritionist + Certified Gaps Practitioner.